Once the program is launched, the main program window is opened (fig.1). It is the editor environment. This image below shows the CNC Syntax Editor screen with its various parts labeled.
1. Menu bar - Menus are described in the Menus section of this help file;
2. Editor toolbar - contains button for quick access to the editor functions;
3. Tools toolbar - contains button for quick access to the set of CNC programer's tools;
4. Editor window - the place for editing your programs. A Title bar of this window shows the file name of documents opened. If your document is modified, then title bar contains the "*" character after a file name;
6. Editor popup menu - сlick the right mouse button after text selection to acces this menu. This menu is same as Edit sub-menu of the main menu;
7. Task bar - shows file names of all documents opened. You can switch between documents by clicking a button on the task bar;
8. Status bar - shows current status of the CNC Syntax Editor and other information such as:
9. Gutter - displays editor lines numbering and uses for bookmarks and full line selection, described in the Edit menu section.
Fig.1 The main program window
Most CNC Syntax Editor menus have built-in hints. For example, when you move your mouse over a menu item, the hint is displayed on the status bar as shown on the screen shot.
Fig.2 Hint window